Ann put together that peony for the first time the other day. It will be so much faster the next time she wants to make a big flower card.
Well, the flower’s not that big, but it is impressive. It was a bit of a puzzle, but a good puzzle. Now that we know how to do it, it would only take a few minutes to make this pretty peony.
For some reason, it looks more like a rose to me. But if Ann ruffled it up more like I told her to, it would look more like a peony.
We’re not botanists, so it’s a big flower on a card. Done!
Do you like that Gray Granite strip? That was fun to make! Read on for tips and supplies!
Big Flower Card Making Tips
- The Gray Granite Strip is 2″ wide.
- Ann stamped the large peony on it with Gray Granite.
- Then she used the little pattern stamp that’s included in the set, but she stamped off some of the ink first
- Once she’s filled up the strip with images, she used one of the embossing folders from the Stampin’ Up! Holiday Catalog called Wrapped in Texture.
- Remember that purchasing a bundle saves you 10% than if you purchased the items separately.
It’s a pretty amazing flower considering she didn’t stamp anything on it! She just shaded it with a dauber.
I think that was here on Thursday’s show. (I’ve cued it up to right after Ann had cut the flower petals.)
Let’s look at the supplies that Ann used for this card. Let me tell you! The Shimmer Ribbon is an especially timely favorite for me!