A friend of ours suggested that we cut up and use all our Designer Series Papers.
I’m Not Quite Ready to Do That
I think that Ann and I could at least try to put our paws in the water and start off light.
So, we took two half sheets of Designer Series Paper that we had left over from our Sweet Treats.
First, we cut 3/4″ off the long side so that it was 5-1/4″ x 12″
Then, we cut each of the 12″ lengths into 3 pieces of 4″ x 5-1/4″.
With just two half sheets of Designer Series Papers, we turned them into enough to use for at least 6 cards. You can cut them smaller, but 4″ x 5-1/4″ is the perfect size to layer on a folded card base.
And yes, we did cut it down just a bit more so that we could layer Tranquil Tide onto the folded Balmy Blue. If you like a regular border, you’d make it 3-3/4″ x 5″, but we wanted a thin layer of the Tranquil Tide and made it 3-13/16″ x 5-1/16″.
Here’s what we did. You might even have some of this, but I’m afraid you may have overlooked the Friendly Expression stamp set in the new Stampin’ Up! catalog. It’s a perfect greeting stamp set with the popular look of mixed fonts.
Card Making Supplies
Remember to use our current shopping code SUDQNU4W when you’re visiting our online store so that we can give you all this:
- Handmade reusable card in your mailbox
- Sampling of current product
- At least 4 free project tutorials in your inbox.
- Don’t use the code if your order is $150+ so you can enjoy Stampin’ Rewards. We’ll still send you everything.
- shop safely online – (You’ll love our reusable handmade cards we send you!)
- by phone – 530-674-5090
- by email or even in person!
- Earn free stamps with our Stampin’ Bucks!
- Shop our Rubber Stamp Garage Sale here.
What a great handmade card idea!