Ann delivered a Stampin’ Up! catalog on Saturday to a nice local lady who was teaching herself to stamp.
I can’t wait until she comes to stamp with us!
During their conversation, this nice lady had a question about how to put polka dots on the dress of the Beautiful You stamp set. I suggested to Ann that she make her a card using paper-piecing the dress.
Now, for some reason, we didn’t take a picture of that card, but this is the card we made with the leftovers.
We used everything we did on her card, but we did add the Corner Rounder Punch.
On her card, we used the flip side of the Designer Series Paper in the background – and it was larger – almost all the way across the card. On her card, the background paper was straight and the girl was on a tilt. It’s the opposite on this one.
You know how I feel – the card in your hand is way better than the one that doesn’t get mailed.
When’s the last time that you sent someone a card just to make them feel better? You could use this for a birthday card too.
Our Paper Snips are perfect to make this and if you don’t know how we did this, here’s how:
- Stamp the lady image on 3″ x 2″ Whisper White with Basic Gray
- Stamp the lady image on a scrap piece of Designer Series Paper
- Cut out the dress of the DSP image in the middle of the Basic Gray lines and attach it to stamped Whisper White image with SNAIL or a light coat of Liquid Glue.
That’s it! Easy peasy if you have opposing thumbs!
And here’s what we used to do it!
Stampin’ Up! Cardmaking Supplies
Be sure to use our current shopping code FT2U2Z9Z so that we can include a small gift with the reusable handmade card that we send all our online clients. (We post the current code here and towards the top of the right column.)
- shop safely online – (You’ll love our reusable handmade cards we send you!)
- by phone – 530-674-5090
- by email or even in person!
- Earn free stamps with our Stampin’ Bucks!
Send a friend a Thinking of You card today.