For some reason, many crafters have challenges making a manly birthday card. Do you?
If that’s you, we have a solution that is made just for you. Today’s card is a hint of the path we’ll follow today.
So, how about this?
I think Ann’s going to give this to her grandson who’s turning 20 on New Year’s Day. (or is it 21?) In any case, she’s thinking that he’s old enough to have a grown up card with a matching envelope.
He’s taking care of himself at college, so that should work. And, while he’s still young, he knows what a watch is.
I understand that some people are doing it the dog way and not wearing a watch these days. However, they do have phones.
Where Did This Manly Birthday Card Come From?
Well, those of you who watch Ann’s live streams know that she doesn’t use kits often. The design process is her favorite part. But Stampin’ Up! has tempted her to play with this Timeless Greetings Kit. Human, oh, human! She likes it!
It saves so much time because they papers and designs really work for making a manly card. You can make it like the kit or you can add something that you have on hand.
Here’s what’s included in the kit:
- Everything you need to make 8 cards with coordinating envelopes.
- (She grabbed the wrong envelope & it still looks good.)
- Links in the instructions so you can watch detailed instructions to make the projects.
- There’s even a link to learn stamping basics if you need to know.
- Of course, there are picture instructions in the kit plus all this:
- Stamp Set & an Acrylic Block
- Soft Suede Ink Spot
- Glue dots and Dimensionals
- Paper, Die Cuts and Embellishments to make 8 cards with envelopes
All for just $21! And when you’re done with the kit, you’ll still have the stamp set and ink spot left over to create more fun things!
If you look closely at the kit, you’ll notice that Ann changed things up a bit. And you can do that too if you’d like. Or not. It’s all up to you.
She added a 3/4″ x 4-3/4″ piece of Basic White that she had stamped with one of the images from the Stitchery stamp set. That’s all. You don’t have to do this.
There are 8 different stitches on there. And she chose the one that looked like it was missing a stitch. She used the Soft Suede Ink Spot so that she wouldn’t venture too far from the original design.
Between you and me, she tilted the watch the other way, but that’s okay too.
That’s It Except…
Can you believe you can make a card that quick that looks that good? And there’s Silver Foil die cuts in there too for the watch and the globe.
Wouldn’t it be cool to invite your friends over to do a kit together? We often hear that some of our more experienced card makers stamp alone. Would it be cool to invite some friends over to make cards like this?
They could each pick out their own kit and then come together to make them. They don’t have to be the same and the instructions are all there! It would be like a quilting bee where ladies gather and work on their own projects while having some sisterhood time.
Ann can help you with that. You don’t have to live locally, but I think Ann’s thinking she might do one herself.
How many people do you know that say “I’m not crafty.”? It’s time for them to discover how much fun this can be! Just ask Ann and pick a date! Your kit will be free when you have 6 or more people at your kit together.
Which kit would you pick? The inventory changes all the time. You can check out what’s available today here.
- shop safely online – (You’ll love our reusable handmade cards we send you!)
- by phone – 530-761-5090
- by email or even in person!
- Earn free stamps with our Stampin’ Bucks!
- Shop our Rubber Stamp Garage Sale here.
- Join our 24/7 Stampers Demonstrator team.
- Join us when we go Live @ 5pm Pawcific each Friday.