I’m excited to share some tips about how to make what we’re calling a gift bow card. Great for a Christmas card, but also a birthday card – or any time you’re giving a gift.
It’s really easy, but a few tips will make it even easier for you to make it a go to layout for you.
Of course, we had to make it in Ann’s favorite color – Real Red – but this would work with many colors. Just be sure to select a complimentary embossing powder and Designer Series Paper.
Just be sure that you grab the Gift Wrapped Bundle while it’s available so that you can make this for future gift giving events if they discontinue it at the first of the year.
Of course, we have over 500 birthday card ideas here that we’ve shared over the eyars.
Gift Bow Card Making Tips
- The folded card base of this card is 4-7/8″ tall. We cut 5/8″ off the long side of the card so that it would fit in a standard envelope even with the bow hanging of the edge.
- Of course, we could make a special envelope, but by trimming the size down, we can use Stampin’ Up!’s standard envelopes.
- Be sure none of your Dimensionals used on the bow don’t show.
- Our strip of Silver Foil was less than 1/4″ too narrow, but we used it anyway.
- Be very still when you stamp VersaMark onto the foil so that you get a good impression. A Stamparatus could help you with that because VersaMark ink can be very slippery on foil.
Card Making Supplies