I sure do like how this textured vellum scenery card turned out after yesterday’s live stream. We had such fun making it but we’d like to share some of our experience.
We originally were going to put this on a Pool Party card base. We all agreed that just didn’t work out. It looked like Mint Melody would be a better choice. But when I put the card up, it seems as if the color is a bit brighter than reality.
Of course, cards usually do look better in real life – unless you have a magician for a photographer.
Adding the texture to the vellum was certainly a game-changer, but we did hit some snags we want you to avoid.
As usual, we tested a few card making theories.
Card Making Tips
- We tried putting Liquid Glue under the greeting and butterfly to attach the textured vellum to the stamped Whisper White layer.
- Because the vellum had been textured with the Subtle Embossing folder, the Liquid Glue caused the vellum to warp more after it had dried.
- The Paper Snips are great for trimming out the finer part of the butterly. (Some call that fussy cutting.)
- We added a few of those Blue Adhesive Backed Gems so we could hide a couple glue dots in the top left corner.
Card Making Supplies
Before we share our picture list of supplies, remember to copy and use our current shopping code 64DE9CN7 when you’re visiting our online store so that we can give you all this:
- All online shoppers get a handmade reusable card in your mailbox.
- And at least 4 free project tutorials in your inbox.
- Add a sampling of
currentproduct when you use the current code 64DE9CN7.
- Don’t use the code if your order is $150+ so you can enjoy Stampin’ Rewards. We’ll still send you everything.
- Track your purchases with this form and earn free stamps and dies exclusively from me and Ann.
- Plus we’ll send you our next mini catalogs with even more ideas.
- shop safely online – (You’ll love
our reusablehandmade cards we send you!) Copy this current code 64DE9CN7 and get a gift!
- by phone – 530-674-5090
- by email or even in person!
- Earn free stamps with our Stampin’ Bucks!
- Shop our Rubber Stamp Garage Sale here.
- Discover the real fun by joining our team of 24/7 Stampers
We hope you’ll join us for one of our live online card making classes soon!