Remember the leafy background that Ann was working on in Wednesday’s live stream? Well, look how we finished it!
We did two versions. We’re just sharing one of them here. We’ll do the second version in a different style card.
We worked on it in stages. As soon as the event was over, she told me that the Stitched Nested Labels Dies were calling her. (I don’t know what they were calling her, but they got her attention.)
We shared that first cut with my on my Facebook fans. Then we showed this little sneak peek later in the day.
Yesterday was my favorite huMAN’s birthday. He had some medical appointments, so Ann and I watched over him the rest of the day afterwards.
The Emboss Resist technique on this leafy background is pretty subtle on this card. But it is there! If Ann had stamped and sponged more, it would be easier to see. But you can see it! And you can watch the live stream replay here to watch her make the two leafy backgrounds.
I hope you love it as much as we do! How about the color combination? Of course, we have over 500 Birthday Card ideas here that we’ve shared over the years.
- Mossy Meadow
- Very Vanilla
- Crumb Cake
All great Neutrals! And the stamp we used for the greeting is free with a $50 order!
Did you know you can stack Dimensionals?
- Stamp leaves in Mossy Meadow and let the images dry.
- Use the Embossing Buddy before stamping and embossing some leaves in Clear Embossing Powder.
- We sponged and then used a texture stamp from Artisan Textures to stamp over the embossed image.
- For the greetings, we attached the left side with a glue dot.
- But we adhered the right side of the greeting with a stack of 3 Stampin’ Dimensionals!
Leafy Background Cardmaking Supplies
Before we share our picture list of supplies, remember to copy and use our current shopping code RNDYJBM7 when you’re visiting our online store so that we can give you all this:
- All online shoppers get a handmade reusable card in your mailbox.
- And at least 4 free project tutorials in your inbox.
- Add a sampling of
currentproduct when you use the current code RNDYJBM7 .
- Don’t use the code if your order is $150+ so you can enjoy Stampin’ Rewards. We’ll still send you everything.
- Track your purchases with this form and earn free stamps and dies exclusively from me and Ann.
- Plus we’ll send you our next mini catalogs with even more ideas.