A blue birthday card idea is perfect for me to have Ann make for my favorite huMAN.
If you’ve been reading my barks at all, then you know that my favorite huMAN’s favorite color is blue. So he deserves a blue birthday card with an impressive cake on it.
Now, the good news is that you can still get this Happy Birthday to You stamp set for free with a $50 order.
The sad news is that the coordinating dies that make it more dimensional are not available anymore. They’re sold out.
Luckily, we didn’t use them on my favorite huMAN’s card. It’s still impressive. He loved the way we colored it with the Stampin’ Blends alcohol markers.
(Scroll down and I’ll share which colors of the Stampin’ Blends I had Ann use.)
Yes, he was very happy with that. (But we also have over 500 more birthday card ideas here – and some of them are blue too!)
And he was really happy when the day after his birthday, their daughter and her family surprised him at dinner. They flew in from out of town and walked in to where Ann and taken him for a delayed birthday dinner.
Ann thought that he’d figured it out, but he didn’t. He was so surprised. He was shocked!
And I can’t wait to hear what happens today when Ann has invited a bunch of his friends to have lunch and cake with them. He doesn’t know about that either. (And while he is very supportive, he doesn’t read my barks.)
It’s going to be awesome to surprise him twice in two days. (and thank you so much to those who helped pull it off.)
You won’t tell him, will you?
Have You Surprised Anyone Lately?
Tips for Using Alcohol Markers (Stampin’ Blends)
- Shimmery White is a good, bright cardstock to use when you don’t want to use Watercolor Paper.
- Be sure your Memento Ink is dry before you begin coloring.
- For shading at the base of the cake stand, we used the Light Smoky Slate and lightened it a little with the Color Lifter.
Blue Birthday Card Making Supplies
Before we share our picture list of supplies, remember to copy and use our current shopping code QPS4RFXT when you’re visiting our online store so that we can give you all this:
- All online shoppers get a handmade reusable card in your mailbox.
- And at least 4 free project tutorials in your inbox.
- Add a sampling of
currentproduct when you use the current code QPS4RFXT .
- Don’t use the code if your order is $150+ so you can enjoy Stampin’ Rewards. We’ll still send you everything.
- Track your purchases with this form and earn free stamps and dies exclusively from me and Ann.
- Plus we’ll send you our next mini catalogs with even more ideas.
- shop safely online – (You’ll love
our reusablehandmade cards we send you!) Copy this current code QPS4RFXT and get a gift!
- by phone – 530-674-5090
- by email or even in person!
- Earn free stamps with our Stampin’ Bucks!
- Shop our Rubber Stamp Garage Sale here.
- Discover the real fun by joining our team of 24/7 Stampers
So, what color birthday card will you be making?