My gal pal Doodles has been encouraging me to use double embossing on some cards. How could I wait this long to do it?
I hope you like this Double Embossing Card idea. Doodles should like it too.
It’s perfect to give to someone who’ll appreciate the extra effort of watercoloring with Stampin’ Blends.
Now, you and I both know that water coloring with Stampin’ Blends isn’t really a lot of extra effort. It looks special, however, it’s not as hard as the untrained eye might think.
And it’s full of lots of texture!
The two stamp sets we used are full of texture and will stay in our home for a while. But this is how we used double embossing on this card.
- First we stamped off Sahara Sand and then stamped it onto 3-1/4″ x 4-1/2″Shimmery White.
- Then we colored with the Stampin’ Blends listed in our supplies segment below.
- Use SNAIL to attach this stamped and colored Shimmery White to a 3-7/16″ x 4-11/16″ piece of Old Olive.
- Run the layered stamped piece first through the Big Shot with the Subtle Embossing Folder and then again with the Tin Tile Embossing Folder.
- Use Liquid Glue to attach this to a half sheet of Sahara Sand folded in half.
See? It’s not that hard!
Be sure to join our mailing list if you’d like to get a card making project idea in your inbox every week.
Double Embossing Card Making Supplies
First, I will list just the items that are retiring because they are only available while supplies last. Remember that the Shimmery White Cardstock is going up a dollar a pack next week.
Here’s what else we used that is NOT retiring.
- shop safely online – (You’ll love
our reusablehandmade cards we send you!) Copy this current code 6DTGFAJT and get a gift!
- by phone – 530-674-5090
- by email or even in person!
- Earn free stamps with our Stampin’ Bucks!
- Shop our Rubber Stamp Garage Sale here.
Have you tried Double Embossing?