I’m just going to tell you now. Ann is probably not going to let me outside during the solar eclipse this morning.
I like to chase birds and she doesn’t want me looking up in the sky!
Now, I tried to bark about this on my Facebook page, but some people told me I was silly. Well, I’d rather be wrong about it and tell you than be right about it and not bark a thing.
If YOU shouldn’t be looking at the sun, then your pets shouldn’t either! (But keep reading! I’ve got some tidbits!)
Instead, we had to work on a sympathy card idea for one of our family members. (It’s a brother-in-law’s brother.)
We could’ve stamped the whole thing in Old Olive OR Early Espresso, but I like the two color option.
Now, before we share the supply list to make this card, here’s something you might not know….. like when then next solar eclipse is going to pass by! You can discover that here! It’s going to come very near to our home October 14, 2023!
Did you know these things take about an hour and a half to happen, but they only last for about 2 minutes? YIKES!
You can watch a Virtual Reality version on the CNN site here. (Personally, I’d right click that link and select to watch it in a new private window just in case they want to sell you something.) Or here’s a link to our Time and Date site that we use to calculate time around the world. They’re doing live coverage as well.
Glad Ann didn’t buy any of those glasses! Instead, we’re going to try two things:
- A pin hole in a piece of cardstock and then hold a piece of Whisper White cardstock under it and watch it there.
- We’ll try the same thing with one of the smaller Big Shot Circle Framelits and see it that works, giving her a bigger viewing area.
- There are two humans in the house so they can each try one and ditch the one that doesn’t seem to be working so well.
You can also empty out all your oats and put a pinhole in the bottom. The put computer paper over the other end and watch it on there.
I’m just going to go to sleep.
I think you should all celebrate the solar eclipse with a shopping excursion to our online store. There’s still stuff on the Clearance Rack for you and all that new stuff on your Wish List from the latest release of the catalog.
All our online shopping guests get a handmade reusable card in their mailbox AND at least 4 free project tutorials in their inbox.
Remember to use our current shopping code CZJYCWXF when you’re visiting our online store so that we can give you even more:
- Sampling of current product
- Don’t use the code if your order is $150+ so you can enjoy Stampin’ Rewards. We’ll still send you everything.
- shop safely online – (You’ll love our reusable handmade cards we send you!)
- by phone – 530-674-5090
- by email or even in person!
- Earn free stamps with our Stampin’ Bucks!
- Shop our Rubber Stamp Garage Sale here.
What a great handmade card idea!