When was the last time that you played around with watercoloring your cards?
You could do it with lots of ways depending on what you have on hand:
- Watercolor Pencils
- Ink Pads
- Ink Refills
- Blender Pens
- Aqua Painters
Ann did a little bit of everything on this card using Ink Pads, Ink Refills, Aqua Painters and Watercolor Paper.
Card Making Tips
- She started with a 2″ x 4-1/4″ piece of Watercolor Paper and spritzed it with water.
- She stamped the flower outline and the crosshatched leaves using these colors:
- Berry Blast
- Old Olive
- It wasn’t wet enough to bleed much so she took her Aqua Painter and smooshed the color around the leaves & flowers.
- She colored the flower centers and painted the background with these ink refills:
- Crushed Curry
- Soft Sky
Here’s the funny part!
The Lovely Words Thinlet die was still on the table from making yesterday’s card. When she went to cut it out, there just happened to be the perfect sized piece of Early Espresso near the Big Shot so she used that.
She WAS going to cut out the word, but instead, the paper was calling to her and telling her that it would look better framed.
Doesn’t your paper talk to you?
(Actually, it was my pupographic messages I was sending her from the next room, but we won’t tell her.)
Add some vellum, some embossed leaves and some Old Olive Ribbon and BAM! Another card that we hope you’ll love as much as I do!
Card Making Supplies
Stampin’ Up! is currently giving you a $5 coupon to use next month for every $50 you spend this month before tax and shipping. (Good time to stock up.)
Remember to use our current shopping code XQGR4S9D when you’re visiting our online store so that we can give you all this:
- Handmade reusable card in your mailbox
- Sampling of current product
- At least 4 free project tutorials in your inbox. (We’re offering 5 for our July clients.)
- Don’t use the code if your order is $150+ so you can enjoy Stampin’ Rewards. We’ll still send you everything.
- shop safely online – (You’ll love our reusable handmade cards we send you!)
- by phone – 530-674-5090
- by email or even in person!
- Earn free stamps with our Stampin’ Bucks!
- Shop our Rubber Stamp Garage Sale here.
What a great handmade card idea!
Ann, I think Stamper’s pupographic message was “right on”…the friend die cut looks great framed. Keep sending out those good messages, Stamper.