Do you have crafty friends? Do you have someone you know that you’d like them to take time for themselves and do a little cardmaking or quilting or something else crafty?
Then I’d like to introduce you to the Crafting Forever stamp set. It’s perfect to give your own stuff some style or encourage your friends to make time for crafting.
But first….. here’s the friendly reminder to pay attention when the stamp set comes out of the box! But if you don’t, you know that Stamper Dog has already figured it out for you.
Before I show you the card, here’s how they go back in the box! (Just click on the picture for a larger look.)
Yes, it took me a few minutes & some nose prints to figure it out so I just wanted to save you a few minutes and some fingerprints if you get in a jam.
We have a small collection of these tight fitting sets for all my “woody” friends. We like all types of stamps, but we like to get wood sets for those stamps that we feel we’re going to keep a long time.
And here’s the card we came up with. A crafty card calls for crafty measures, so I got out Ann’s set of Many Marvelous Markers (that go with our set of ink pads and card stock) and I got her to start coloring.
She loved it!
I thought it might be a drunken card, we scored it at 5-1/2″ and gave it a side fold. What’s a drunken card? That’s what we call cards that are front heavy and prone to fall over.
And, of course, we decorated the inside leaving just enough room for a few choice words for your friend – like “come on over and make some cards with me!”.
It’s really a card to encourage someone to take a little time for themselves. Many of you humans try to be busier than a Jack Russell Terrier! I’m sorry, but only a Jack Russell can be that active!
My only regret is that you can’t see the sparkle in the Basic Black Shimmer Ribbon. It’s got just enough sparkle to kick this up a notch. Way more than what shows in this picture.
So it never hurts to throw in some diamonds (AKA Rhinestone Basic Jewels). Thinking on it now, I think I should’ve had her put some Metallic Enamel Shapes on there.
Card Making Tips
- When coloring with the brush end of your Stampin’ Write Marker, try to brush in one direction rather than scribble. It will make the tips last longer.
- For the shading, she scribble some Smokey Slate from a marker onto a clear block. She then picked up the color with a Blender Pen and applied it to the Whisper White cardstock.
- We used a scrap of Thick Whisper White Cardstock for this, but you could use our regular Whisper White as well.
- What color markers did we use?
- Island Indigo
- Pool Party
- Garden Green
- Crumb Cake for the brush ends
- Basic Gray for the metal parts of the brushes
- Cajun Craze for the pot
- Real Red
- Chocolate Chip for the short fat brush
- Smokey Slate for the Exacto Knife blade
- Crushed Curry for the body of the pencil
Card Making Supplies
Remember to use our current shopping code 2JF4R9KW when you’re visiting our online store so that we can include a surprise sampling of one of the current Stampin’ Up! accessories in the reusable card that we send all our online shoppers. Don’t use the code if your order is $150+ so you can enjoy Stampin’ Rewards. We’ll still send you the gift and reusable card.
- shop safely online – (You’ll love our reusable handmade cards we send you!)
- by phone – 530-674-5090
- by email or even in person!
- Earn free stamps with our Stampin’ Bucks!
- Shop our Rubber Stamp Garage Sale here.
What a great handmade card idea!