Before we start today’s post, we’d like to give a paws up salute to our military. Today, we honor those who gave their lives to protect us. You can find our salutes we shared when you follow me on Facebook and on Instagram (among other places).
This dog is here to remind you that it’s okay to color outside the lines. In fact, when we designed this card, I suggested that Ann color outside the lines on purpose!
But there are two things we didn’t plan on:
- Some of the Berry Burst got where we didn’t want it so we swirled it all over and added a little Powder Pink.
- The Hello thinlit that we used has sold out. By the time we realized it, our Liquid Glue had set.
Not to worry. I’m sure there will be some cool word thinlits to use in the new catalog that starts Thursday afternoon. (wink, wink)
Would you like some tips on how we made this card? I figured you would because it’s not the same quick and easy type of card that we usually share. Here are a few highlights:
- Use an Embossing Buddy over Watercolor Paper before you do anything.
- Stamp flowers & then leaves in VersaMark, trying not to overlap.
- Emboss with Silver Embossing Powder.
- Spray with water.
- Use Aqua Painter and refills to color the images trying to go outside the lines.
- Berry Burst
- Lemon Lime Twist
- Crushed Curry
- and later, Powder Pink to help smoosh the background color around all of any uncolored areas.
- You could use the Fine Tip Glue Pen, but if you have a steady hand, the Liquid Glue will works if you only use a smidge.
- Tear & Tape is our favorite adhesive to stick the Watercolor Paper onto the card. It’s strong and easy to use.
- Laying a think Basic Black border around helps the colors pop.
NOTE: At one point, Ann laid a clear block on the card while it was drying so it wouldn’t warp. That worked beautifully!
It’s really a lot easier than you think.
It really looks more lime than lemon to me!
The stamp set that we used – Penned and Painted – won’t be available after Wednesday. And starting Thursday, you’ll be able to get the refills, ink pads and cardstock in the new 2017-19 colors that we used.
Do you like them? They’re growing on me very quickly.
Here’s what else we used that’s available today to make this watercolor card. If you’re in a shopping mood today, please use our current shopping code JXGVCQJT when you’re visiting our online store so that we can include a surprise sampling of one of the current Stampin’ Up! accessories in the reusable card that we send all our online shoppers.
Don’t use the code if your order is $150+ so you can enjoy Stampin’ Rewards. We’ll still send you the gift and reusable card. (And the one we’re mailing next week is using items that are only available to demonstrators today.)
If you’re reading this in your email inbox, you can see a complete picture list here.
- shop safely online – (You’ll love our reusable handmade cards we send you!)
- by phone – 530-674-5090
- by email or even in person!
- Earn free stamps with our Stampin’ Bucks!
What a great handmade card idea!