I think that Ann had a tear in her eye while we were designing this sweet honey bee card for a friend.
But it wasn’t the card.
She was watching the Netflix version of Anne with an E which is based on the timeless book “Anne of Green Gables”. She’s watched different versions of this, but this one really made her realize how horrible life could be for such a young girl.
Ann didn’t quite understand because she always wanted red in her hair. When she was in high school, she used to add vinegar to her hair rinse to bring out the red. I think she does something different now.
And it didn’t help that when she shut a drawer in the stamping table and made it shake. The shaking caused our little quilted dog that Ann got on one of the Stampin’ Up! cruises to the Caribbean Knocked a little of his crown off. Darn!
What’s the last show you watched that brought a tear to your eyes?
So here’s the sweet honey bee card for a friend that we designed while watching the show.
Now we have to make 10 more for a swap that we’re involved in. I hope they like it.
Honey Bee Card Making Tips
- Stamp the hive close to the lower left corner before adding the honeycomb cut out.
- While the greeting is stamped in Soft Suede, the bee is stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black
- Then we colored the body in Crushed Curry and the Wings in Balmy Blue.
- We used just a tiny bit of glue to the outside edges of the honeycomb.
- The Stampin’ Dimensionals that hold the bee up also hold the lower part of the honeycomb down.
- After we finished the card, we added Wink of Stella to the wings.
- You’ll save 10% by bundling the stamp set and dies together.
What Colors Did We Use?
- Crushed Curry
- Soft Suede
- Very Vanilla
- Balmy Blue
We have over 300 Thinking of You card ideas that may inspire you.
What Card Making Supplies Did We Use?
Before we share our picture list of supplies, remember to copy and use our current shopping code UZVRZZ7U when you’re visiting our online store so that we can give you all this:
- All online shoppers get a handmade reusable card in your mailbox.
- And at least 4 free project tutorials in your inbox.
- Add a sampling of
currentproduct when you use the current code UZVRZZ7U .
- Don’t use the code if your order is $150+ so you can enjoy Stampin’ Rewards. We’ll still send you everything.
- Track your purchases with this form and earn free stamps and dies exclusively from me and Ann.
- Plus we’ll send you our next mini catalogs with even more ideas.