A personalized get well card is way more touching than one you mass produce. Let’s talk about how we did it.
Our friend has been sick for a while and they finally figured out what it is. We’re glad they figured it out but wished it would’ve been faster.
Her treatment will take a while and she’s ready to get started and fight this thing.
We’ve made this one pretty personalized. Let me explain….
One of the things we like best about card making is that you can make things how you want them.
One of the things we like best about Stampin’ Up! is that the colors coordinate. And we love coloring with the Stampin’ Blends. That’s how we got Ann’s hair color right.
- Ann’s favorite color is red so we put a red shirt on her.
- Our friend’s hair is longer and darker. Check!
- We hope she likes the Rich Razzleberry we used for her shirt.
- She lives in a more tropical climate so a Fall card wasn’t what we were going for.
The hardest thing was to decide what colors to make the card base and layers.
Ann is wondering if she really looks that thin from the back. (Don’t tell her the truth.)
It’s always the right time to send an encouraging card to a friend. Don’t wait! This doesn’t have to be a get well card. You could send it to someone who’s going through a divorce, hard times or a difficult move.
You might want to grab this set now because this card would even work for our friends in Florida after we know where Hurricane Dorian lands.
Card Making Tips
What color hair would you want to put on your personalized get well card? We’re listing what we used below.
- We color Ann’s hair with Bronze and then streaked in a little Light Cherry Cobbler.
- The background was originally colored with the Pool Party Combo. We didn’t like that so much so we went over it with the Light Balmy Blue.
Card Making Supplies
Remember to copy and use our current shopping code FBKJW4K4 when you’re visiting our online store so that we can give you all this:
- All online shoppers get a handmade reusable card in your mailbox.
- And at least 4 free project tutorials in your inbox.
- Add a sampling of
currentproduct when you use the current code,
- Don’t use the code if your order is $150+ so you can enjoy Stampin’ Rewards. We’ll still send you everything.
- Track your purchases with this form and earn free stamps and dies exclusively from me and Ann.
If you’re looking for more get well card ideas, you can find 80 get well card ideas here that we’ve shared over the years.