I was a bit conflicted whether I should show you this because Ann’s got a little surprise up her sleeve for a few little girls.
(If Ann’s seeing you on Christmas Day, you should stop reading here until after Christmas Day.)
So Barbara saw something on Pinterest and told us about it. (We never saw the Pinterest idea, but she did send Ann what …. wait. I can’t share that secret.)
Remember the box I showed you how to make the other day in this post? I had Ann take the box from the other day and apply Barbara’s Pinterest idea to it.
So, to let you know what we did…
- Before cutting the larger piece, stamp it all over.
- Then cut a 3″ x 1/8″ slit in the center.
- not more than 3/16″ wide
- don’t worry if you’re a little off. Ours isn’t in exactly in the center.
- Attach money end to end with washi tape.
- Cut the largest Lots of Label and cut it so that the straight side is no less than 1-1/4″ long and attach it to one end.
- We stamped the initial of the recipient on the outside, but you might want to stamp “pull here”.
Ann’s thinking of having all the cousins sit together and pull out their gifts at one time together. Two pairs of sisters that are all cousins. Should be good, but one is only one year old.
We shall see.
Box Making Supplies
Here’s what we used to make this. You could use it for birthdays or Valentine’s Day or TODAY with items you already have – but having our Paper Trimmer makes it easiest way to cut that slit in the middle of the box top. It’s just something a guillotine cutter can’t do.
Remember to use our current shopping code FQQU94JM when you’re visiting our online store so that we can give you all this:
- Handmade reusable card in your mailbox (we send these to all our online shoppers)
- Sampling of current product (only code users & $150+ shoppers get these.
- At least 4 free project tutorials in your inbox. (all our online shoppers get these)
- Don’t use the code if your order is $150+ so you can enjoy Stampin’ Rewards. We’ll still send you everything.
What a great handmade gift idea!