Have you ever had someone you thought very highly of who always treated you as if she felt the same?
And what if you hadn’t heard from this elegant lady in a long time? And then what if you heard that this elegant lady’s husband passed away?
I’ll bet that you would do just what Ann did last night. She went to make an elegant card in Fall colors.
Ann even stamped and colored on the inside.
Card Making Tips
- Sympathy cards can be difficult to make when you need them. You might find it easier to make 1 or 2 extra for a future need.
- On the other hand, you may find that making a card in their favorite color helps you with the grieving process.
- We originally stamped and colored this on the largest oval from the Layering Oval Framelits, but we had to run it through the Big Shot again with the next size down so that we could layer onto the scalloped oval.
- Ann stamped the leaves in Cajun Craze and then used a Blender Pen to swoosh the color around.
- She added a bit more color by squeezing the stamp pad lid into the pad and picking up color from there.
- She attached the Very Vanilla Lace to the Burlap Ribbon with Fast Fuse (it’s on special sale, but it ends today) before attaching it to the card.
- She tacked down the ribbon around the back with Tear & Tape and then adhered the rest of the layer to the card base with Multipurpose Glue.
I barked in yesterday’s post that we like to use Christmas stamps for non-Christmas cards. This is an example of that – although it may make the botanists a bit uncomfortable because the leaves are shaped like holly.
If you’re shopping today, we’d love to send you a reusable card to thank you for your purchase. Use the hostess shopping code when you shop and we’ll include a nice little gift of currently available product along with your card. You’ll find the current code posted towards the top of the right column. (They change without notice.)
Here’s what we used to make this thoughtful sympathy card. I hope she’ll like it. And we hope you like it too.
Stampin’ Up! Card Making Supplies
If you’re reading this in an email reader and can’t view the supplies list, you can see it here.
- shop safely online – (You’ll love our reusable handmade cards we send you!)
- by phone – 530-674-5090
- by email or even in person!
- Earn free stamps with our Stampin’ Bucks!
Have you stocked up on Copper Foil Sheets yet?