Have you told a friend how much they mean to you lately? How thankful are you that they’re your friend?
Do you think you should tell them?
Today’s card is full of shells and textures and good thoughts for a friend you really appreciate.
We use the Big Shot on so many cards that we really had to try to make a card without it! It’s so versatile and helpful, that this pup had to stand guard by it just so Ann wouldn’t turn around and use it!
If we were to do this again, I think we’d use some of the Wood Textures Designer Series Paper Stack instead of the Sahara Sand in the background.
But it’s not as if there’s not a lot of texture on this card already, but I think that would just make it even more right!
What do you think?
Can you spot what colors we used?
Card Making Tips
- The round shells were stamped using Powder Pink for the more solid stamp and Blushing Bride for the detail.
- Blushing Bride was also used for the card base.
- The big shell and the regular looking shells in the background were stamped with Sahara Sand
- Ann stamped on her grid paper and then stamped the more solid shell (called stamping off).
- Then Ann stamped the detailed shells in full strength Sahara Sand.
- The greeting and the border are Soft Suede.
Does that help you with color? This dog believes that color makes the card. That’s why Ann initially fell in love with Stampin’ Up! over 18 years ago. Everything was color coordinated! Nobody was doing that 18 years ago!
Since then, she’s turned into an adhesive snob. (And those of you who live in states that are offering tax-free weekends this weekend can afford to be adhesive snobs this weekend! why? Because it’s tax-free! Discover more about the tax-free states and offers here.)
Card Making Supplies
We love sending all our online shopping guests get a handmade reusable card in their mailbox AND at least 4 free project tutorials in their inbox.
Remember to use our current shopping code U6JW9ZSE when you visit our online store so that we can give you even more:
- Sampling of current product
- Don’t use the code if your order is $150+ so you can enjoy Stampin’ Rewards. We’ll still send you everything.
You can find the most current shopping code towards the top of the right hand column or here.
- shop safely online – (You’ll love our reusable handmade cards we send you!)
- by phone – 530-674-5090
- by email or even in person!
- Earn free stamps with our Stampin’ Bucks!
- Shop our Rubber Stamp Garage Sale here.
What a great handmade card idea!