Do you have a special guy that loves to cook?
My favorite huMAN likes to and he’s the one we made this card for.
We thought you might have missed the Perfect Mix stamp set in the back of the Stampin’ Up! Occasions Catalog on page 35. Maybe you missed it because you don’t like to cook. Or maybe you missed it because you already had a wish list full of wonderful stamps and accessories from the front of the catalog.
In any case, can you spot the Designer Series Paper we used?
It’s from the Sending Love DSP Paper Stack that many of you bought for Valentine’s Day. But you can use it for other times too!
Do you see how we cut an inch off the front of the card and put 1-1/4″ of the same DSP on the inside?
I thought of that.
It would be easy to make this into a girl card – and we almost did. Just insert a bit over a half of a doily behind the black scalloped circle instead of the black banner and BOOM! It’s more suited for a lady!
They’re celebrating their anniversary tomorrow so we wanted to make him a special surprise in advance.
More Cardmaking Tips
Here are a few tips to help you:
- Use Fast Fuse or Tear & Tape to adhere the circles together and to the front of the card because they’re both stronger.
- Try to match up the patterns or get a pattern that doesn’t have to be matched. (We didn’t quite do it, but we’re fine with it.)
- We preferred using a Blender Pen and squishing the Real Red ink pad lid into the pad and picking up the color.
- Be sure to use the scoring blade to make your center score.
- You don’t HAVE to put the circle in the middle of the card. We placed it low on purpose.
Here’s what we used to make this card. We’re hoping he likes it. If you need anything, remember to use our current shopping code 2PA22U62 when you’re visiting our online store so that we can include a surprise sampling of one of the current Stampin’ Up! accessories in the reusable card that we send all our online shoppers. Don’t use the code if your order is $150+ so you can enjoy Stampin’ Rewards. We’ll still send you the gift and reusable card.
- shop safely online – (You’ll love our reusable handmade cards we send you!)
- by phone – 530-674-5090
- by email or even in person!
- Earn free stamps with our Stampin’ Bucks!
What a great handmade card idea!