Little did we know a couple weeks ago that I would like this idea of working over old ideas as much as some of you seem to.
Here we are celebrating Ann’s 18th anniversary with Stampin’ Up! today. There has been so much that has happened that she NEVER could have even imagined.
- She’s taken my favorite huMAN on 11 trips all over the world. This summer, their trip to Thailand will be #12 and I’m helping her work towards #13 to Alaska next year.
- She’s been on the Stampin’ Up! Advisory Board and had dinner at the home of Co-Founder and then CEO Shelli Gardner. (My favorite huMAN LOVES her.)
- She’s placed in the Top 100 U.S. Demonstrators in the Company 8 times since I came along.
- She’s placed in the Top 10 U.S. Demonstrators in the Company 2 of those 8 times.
But most importantly, she got me and we met you!
She started during Sale-A-Bration in 1999 thinking that she’d maybe do a party a month. Five years later, she got an opportunity to quit her job and do this full time. and then I came along.
Yep. Not everyone has such a blessed career, but it’s been an awesome ride!
So, one of those times that Ann was in the Top 10 U.S. Demonstrators, she was in a swap with about 125 top demonstrators from the U.S. and Canada. This card was made by her friend Mary in 2009 – and yes, we still have it!
But I don’t know that we have our card from 2009!
Like it? We’re rather fond of it because Ann & I both like Real Red! It wasn’t the first color that we painted the Tasty Truck. (The other one went in the garbage.)
We used markers on Shimmery White Cardstock for this version:
- Real Red
- Basic Gray
- Smoky Slate
- Pear Pizzazz
- Wink of Stella – Clear & Gold
And we used TWO free Sale-A-Bration items on here! It was the first time we used the Tasty Trucks stamp set, but we’ve used the Metallic Ribbon quite a few times.
Even after 18 years, she still gets excited to try out a new stamp set. We’ve seen so many come and go over the years (just 11 for me), but there’s nothing like a new stamp set – and when it’s free it’s even better.
Yep. That’s just one of the things that we like about what we do. That, growing our team and serving you.
And if you’d like to start your Stampin’ Up! experience on the same day that Ann started hers, you can discover how to join us here. You won’t regret it. There is SO much more for you now than when Ann started – or even since I showed up in 2005. Here are just a few things that are better now.
- Ann offers a private Facebook group for our stampers where Ann & the team share ideas.
- Ann offers a private website to help them too.
- Stampin’ Up! has a private Facebook group and a private gallery with thousands of ideas demonstrators have shared.
- And whether you join to get a discount on your stamps or to share stamping with your friends, Ann’s here to help you.
And back to that card – here’s what you can get to make it.
Handmade Card Making Supplies
- shop safely online – (You’ll love our reusable handmade cards we send you!)
- by phone – 530-674-5090
- by email or even in person!
- Earn free stamps with our Stampin’ Bucks!
It’s Ann’s 18th Anniversary with Stampin’ Up! Leave her a comment and I’ll read them to her!