You might think that quick and easy don’t go with a watercolor project, but I beg to differ. Once Ann followed my directions, she found that she could make this card in about 10 minutes.
And it’s a standard size card!
The hardest part was securing the Black Baker’s Twine! And that wasn’t hard at all with the Tear & Tape.
We used the Thick Whisper White Card Stock for the card base AND the part that she watercolored on. It worked well with the new Archival Basic Black and held up to water with the Aqua Painters.
Of course, I cautioned her not to use her opposing thumbs to squeeze a lot of water out.
We’ve just been dying to use that new greeting stamp set called Suite Sayings. I was going to give you a list of my 5 favorite greetings from the set of 10, but Ann and I couldn’t agree. They’re all so good!
and the fonts are so trendy!
What’s your favorite?
We purposely put the greeting a bit to the left. That hill is pretty high and we don’t do too much even Steven stuff.
The only thing that could improve it is to perhaps put a little Wink of Stella on the clouds. I think I’ll have Ann do that as soon as she finishes typing this post for me. You’ll have to ask her how it turned out.
I have another idea for it, but that’s for another post.
Water Coloring Tips
- We used reinkers and a Aqua Painters on everything but the flowers.
- Old Olive
- Marina Mist (watered down a bit)
- Soft Suede
- Aqua Painters offer you an easy way to watercolor and control the flow
- The flowers were colored with Real Red and Pear Pizazz Markers
- The Tags & Labels Framelits were perfect to fit this greeting.
- By using the Clear Mount Happy Home Set, you can line up both stamps side by side and stamp once for the whole picture.
Did you know that we have over 250 Thank You Card Ideas to inspire you when you click here.
And when you join our mailing list, you’ll get an opportunity to check out one of our online classes to help you learn more about how you can become an expert with water coloring your cards.
We’d love to help you stock up on your card making supplies. Just click on any of the pictures for more details or to rev up your shopping cart.
Be sure to use the host code listed at the top right so that we can include a little gift when we send you a reusable card as a thank you for shopping with us.
Card Making Supplies
Doesn’t this card make you feel like Spring is around the corner?
- shop safely online – (You’ll love our reusable handmade cards we send you!)
- by phone – 530-674-5090
- by email or even in person!
- Earn free stamps with our Stampin’ Bucks!
A quick an deasy card is loved just as much as the fancy ones. Just ask your friends!