Is the weather good or bad where you are? Our friends in Hawaii didn’t get a dead hit from the hurricane, but I’m sure it was pretty rainy and windy. It’s turned Fall all of a sudden here, but not much rain – and we need the rain.
Today is Evaluate Your Life Day so we’re counting our blessings and decided to do it with a watercolor card.
This is an easy watercolor, but still took a little planning. Scroll down for some card making tips to help with your success. But before we share the card, we need to share some ideas over the next week to give you an excluse to send a card (as if you need one!)
Reasons to Send a Card This Week
- Tuesday 10/21 is Apple Day & Count Your Buttons Day – Make your cards with Apples &/or Buttons.
- Wednesday, 10/22 is Smart is Cool Day so send your favorite smart person a card to remind them of that.
- Thursday, 10/23 is iPod Day. The iPod was revealed on this day in 2001. I’m a Droid dog so that’s enough bark about that!
- Saturday, 10/25 is Make a Difference Day and World Pasta Day. Do something nice for someone 0 like making them spaghetti!
- Sunday, 10/26 is Mother-in-Law Day. If you have one, this is your chance to score points.
5 Card Making Tips
- What colors go well together and with the style of card (like using blue at the bottom if you want water)
- Must use watercolor paper which will stand up to a lot of water
- Stamp first or last? We tried it both ways but liked stamping first with Jet Black StazOn & then stamping.
- An Aqua Painter helps you control the flow of water and color
- We tried using one more color but it seemed a bit too much.
And here’s a funny thing! We only say ONE white sport when we were holding the card, but the camera found a lot more! Go figure.
If you want to make this card, we’d love to help you have the right supplies. Just click on any of the pictures below to add them to your wish list or to get more information. And, of course we are available too.
Remember to keep track of your purchases on your Stampin’ Bucks form so you can earn a free stamp set or framelit set of your choice from us. What would YOU pick?
Be sure to get on our mailing list for new ideas in your inbox each month and 12 Weeks of Christmas Ideas.