We shared how to make a scenic greeting card on our live stream stamping show yesterday, but we made it a little bit differently than the one that we originally made.
Now, I know that it’s Halloween, but I know that
Here is the original card.
We made it as a sympathy card, but that’s not how we did it yesterday.
How to Make a Scenic Card Video
If you want to skip the sneak peeks at the new products that are about to be released, start watching the video below at 23:40.
A few things to note:
- The greeting on the Snowman card is from Itty Bitty Birthdays.
- The size of the Shimmery White Cardstock is 3-1/2″ x 4-3/4″ (We trimmed it later.)
- To make the water darker, you could lightly drag your ink pad over the bottom part of the card.
- Our thanks to our friend Amanda who inspired this card – but our techniques, colors and cards are totally different.
And here is the way we finished this second card. Same overall idea, but by small changes, you have a different look.
Honestly? I think I like it better! Here are a few things that you might want to know.
- I told Ann to stamp more branches to cover that little spot.
- When we trimmed the card stock down to the right size, we took the 1/4″ excess off the right side which made the mountain shore a little smaller – and that’s okay.
- Here are the stamp sets we used:
If you wondered how you can get a Sponge Brayer like she used, you can find them here in our online store. Our Stamping Sponges are pretty reasonable for just $4 – especially when you can cut them up into 18 ones to work with different colors.
Did I cover everything? I hope so. We do our best.
And I hope you can join us for our First Friday Stamp Sale. We’ve got lots of retired paper colors, bundles and paper crafting items that you might be interested in.
You can register for a reminder by Facebook Messenger here. It goes out just before we start – not 15 minutes later by email.
We hope that you’ll be able to join us Wednesdays at 1 Pawcific Time.