Want a simple notecard? That doesn’t mean that it can’t be impressive. And it doesn’t mean that your loved one won’t keep your card forever.
If you watched our Wednesday show, you’ll know that Ann and I keep all the handmade cards you send us. (Although I am recommending that she may want to reevaluate after about 2 years.)
My 14th Birthday is September 2nd
If you’re thinking of sending me a birthday card, you can bet that we’ll be keeping it for quite a while – complete with saliva stains from both of us drooling over it.
Back to That Simple Notecard
As much as we wanted to, it was hard for Ann to put a greeting on the front of the card. The majority of our cards have some kind of words on the front. This one just wouldn’t have it.
Stampin’ Blends, our alcohol markers are easy to use and they make it so enjoyable and easy to make an impressive product.
Ann just loves this card. She’s so matchy-matchy that there are some pretty interesting things.
- The card base and ribbon are the new In Color, Terracotta Tile.
- But she used Calypso Coral Duo to color the flowers.
- The ribbon has Crumb Cake in it, but there’s no Sahara Sand elsewhere.
- The centers are another In Color, Pineapple Punch.
- The stems are the good standby color, our most popular green Old Olive.
I think Ann’s going to lose her Miss Matchy-Matchy title.
Since I barked about that ribbon, you probably would like to see how we did it close up.
This is how we did it:
- We laid one layer of ribbon across the card front.
- To make sure that this layer could support the layers and elements we added, we secured this base layer to the card front with Tear & Tape.
- We looped the ribbon back and forth on top of that first layer.
- We put Tear & Tape in the center to make it look more like a bow.
- Then we put a small flat strip with angled ends on top of that and attached it with Tear & Tape.
- Finally, we put 2 Designer Elements to top it off.
We love this Band Together stamp set. We didn’t appreciate it when we first saw it, but watching Linda Dalke do her projects for the Master Stampers changed our minds. And now we’re glad we got it.
If you like the clean and simple style, we have over 1,000 clean and simple card ideas we’ve shared over the years here.
There are just 7 more days to cash in your coupons that you earned from your July purchases. Each coupon code is worth $5 so it’s an important email not to miss.
Card Making Supplies
We hope you liked our simple notecard and will return to read my barks again soon.