There are a lot of things that can encourage sadness right now. Instead of jumping on that bandwagon, perhaps we can do something to encourage someone to feel good about themselves.
Last night, Ann and my favorite huMAN took advantage of seeing the new Black Panther movie a day before its grand opening. What made it REALLY good was that she had won a $20 gift card to the movies AND the theater gave her a free large popcorn for her birthday.
So they got to see a good 3-D movie for the price of a bottle of sparkling lemonade. Of course, that little bottle was almost $5, but it was still a cheap date night.
And while they were watching the Black Panther movie (which she told me was good but way different than any other superhero movie), she noticed a bright color pattern in the technology lab. It inspired her to come home and make a bright card using her collection of Brusho.
But then the news came on and we thought that this would be a good time to encourage some of our teenagers. So here is the card that was inspired by the Black Panther and our recent events in Florida.
I think that anyone – especially someone who is feeling down about anything or like sneakers – would feel pretty good about getting a card like this.
Don’t you agree?
I think that even my favorite huMAN might like this. It’s blue and he likes sneakers.
Here are a few tips on how we used Brusho for our background:
Cardmaking Tips for Using Brusho
- We used Watercolor Paper because it stands up to more water.
- Ann heavily spritzed it with water using one of the Stampin’ Spritzers that we carry.
- Then she sprinkled the Brusho in Red, Blue & Yellow trying not to overlap too much.
- Then she spritzed again.
- After letting the water soak in a bit, she dabbed with a paper towel straight up & down to get the excess water off.
- We dried it more with the Heat Tool.
- Once it was really dry, Ann used the stamp positioner to stamp the interlocking stripes in Archival Basic Black Ink.
- The heart was added using Whisper White Craft Ink.
Now if you’re in a shopping mood, you’ll be able to get one of the sets we used for free when you purchase everything else (or other things totaling $50+ before tax and shipping). Be sure to use our latest shopping code GVG6QUQR when you shop.
All of our online shoppers get a reusable handmade card in their mailbox and 4 project tutorials in their inbox.
But those of you who use the shopping code or purchase $150+, will also get a small sample of current product with your handmade card! We always post the current code towards the top of the right-hand column or here.
- shop safely online – (You’ll love our reusable handmade cards we send you!)
- by phone – 530-674-5090
- by email or even in person!
- Earn free stamps with our Stampin’ Bucks!
- Shop our Rubber Stamp Garage Sale here.
What a great handmade card idea!