Ann’s been holding off making this cute little bird card. I don’t know why. She hasn’t had it long,, but the same thing goes for the patterned paper we used.
She waited way to long to use the Flowering Fields Designer Series Paper because it’s going away after tomorrow (or when it sells out, whichever is first). That could happened because it’s so beautiful.
Most of the papers are very dynamic, but we used the flip side for this project.
But what’s really special is that, until they run out or the clock strikes midnight Thursday night, the paper is on sale for $8.05!
Check out all that dynamic color!
But instead, we chose the Pool Party sheet because it looked like clouds in the sky. (That’s the third from the right in the bottom row.)
I can’t believe that it’s just $8.05! But only until tomorrow, unless it sells out first.
And that’s not all that’s going away! While the Sweet Songbirds stamp set comes with, we chose the greeting from the Flowing Flowers stamp set that’s retiring on the same day. This stamp set is a keeper! We love the flowers, the greetings and the font!
Card Making Tips
What do you do when you stamp the greeting onto the patterned paper slightly crooked? You trim it off and leave a large area on the border below and stamp it again!
We put more tips below the picture.
- Ann attached the bird onto the patterned paper with Liquid Glue while she was holding the stamped next over it with her other hand. This helped her easily line up the bird, nest and branch.
- Ann punched out the wing at the same time she punched out the stamped bird. Then she applied Pale Papaya ink with a sponge dauber so that it would have a slightly different look from the body. She attached the wing with a Mini Glue Dot.
- She stamped the nest in Soft Suede onto a scrap piece of Sahara Sand and cut it out with her Paper Snips. They’re out of stock right now but should return next week. Then she sponged Soft Suede ink with her dauber around the sides and bottom of the next.
Check out our lists of retiring stamps, dies, papers and embellishments using these links:
You Can Make this Cute Little Bird Card!
You’ll need to act fast if you want to make this card before the two items above and gone for good.
- All online shoppers get a handmade reusable card in your mailbox.
- And at least 4 free project tutorials in your inbox.
- Add a sampling of
currentproduct when you use the current code R7XZCMSB.
- Don’t use the code if your order is $150+ so you can enjoy Stampin’ Rewards. We’ll still send you everything.
- Track your purchases with this form and earn free stamps and dies exclusively from me and Ann. Plus we’ll send you our next mini catalogs with even more ideas.