Today’s butterfly thinking of you card took a couple sittings to make. Ann started with the brick part on our Monday show when she shared how to use the new blending brushes.
These brushes are so soft and fun to blend with.
How to Use the Blending Brushes
- Lightly tap the brush a few times onto your stamp pad.
- You may tap a little off on a scratch paper or your grid pad.
- In a circular motion, start off the edge of your paper and continue to rub in a circular motion over your card stock.
- Repeat until you get the desired effect.
Would you believe that the card base and the brick section are the same color?
Yes! I even made Ann look under the layers to be sure that they were both Sahara Sand. And yes! They were!
Ann blended them using the brushes and Cajun Craze ink.
And then she got stuck.
She even asked for suggestions from our Wednesday viewers!
So late last night, she broke out Sale-a-Bration’s new Touch of Ink stamp set and used the Blending Brushes again.
How We Colored the Butterfly
- We got out a small piece of Whisper White
- Then we blended some Rococo Rose on one part and underneath blended some Bermuda Bay using the tips I barked earlier.
- Once we knew that the blended ink was dry, Ann stamped the butterfly using Tuxedo Black Memento ink.
- When that ink was dry, Ann cut the butterfly out using the Paper Snips. (we’ll list the supplies down below.
- After attaching it to the card front, Ann used the Wink of Stella to give the butterfly a little shimmer.
The butterfly and the greeting go well together because they’re in the same stamp set. You can get the Touch of Ink stamp set free with a $100 purchase between now and the end of February.
Of course, if this isn’t the type of card you want to send to your friend, you can check out almost 400 Thinking of You card ideas here.
Card Making Supplies
Before we share our picture list of supplies, remember to copy and use our current shopping code XQJF4ANN when you’re visiting our online store so that we can give you all this:
- All online shoppers get a handmade reusable card in your mailbox.
- And at least 4 free project tutorials in your inbox.
- Add a sampling of
currentproduct when you use the current code XQJF4ANN.
- Don’t use the code if your order is $150+ so you can enjoy Stampin’ Rewards. We’ll still send you everything.
- Track your purchases with this form and earn free stamps and dies exclusively from me and Ann.
- Plus we’ll send you our next mini catalogs with even more ideas.
- shop safely online – (You’ll love
our reusablehandmade cards we send you!) Copy this current code XQJF4ANN and get a gift!
- by phone – 530-674-5090
- by email or even in person!
- Earn free stamps with our Stampin’ Bucks!
- Shop our Rubber Stamp Garage Sale here.
- Discover the real fun by joining our team of 24/7 Stampers