Today’s card isn’t perfect. In fact, we had to fix some card making mistakes on this one.
Let me tell you how we did it, but first, let’s look at this little square card and see if you like it.
Those of you who love purple should love this card that we made with Highland Heather and Gorgeous Grape.
Gasp! I almost said Lovely Lilac!
Let’s look closer at the stamped portion so I can tell you how to fix cardmaking mistakes.
The Vibrant Vases stamp set is a two-step stamp set. Let’s face it. We don’t always get it exactly right when we stamp over images.
Do you always get it spot on?
Tips for Fixing Card Making Mistakes
- We stamped the flowers in Highland Heather, but we had vacant white spots.
- We brought out the dark Highland Heather Stampin’ Blend Marker and colored all the vacant white spots.
- The greeting was stamped in a color we didn’t like after we’d colored the flowers and vase. (Actually two different times.)
- We cut out the greeting with the small rectangle die. Then we stamped it in the color we liked and made it into a banner.
- The flowers looked like they were floating because of a white vacant spot between the flowers and the top of the vase.
- We took the fine time of a Smoky Slate Marker and filled it in. You probably wouldn’t notice it if I didn’t bark about it.
Bonus Card Making Tip
We didn’t want to color the whole vase. So we stamped the 2nd step in Pear Pizzazz and used the Old Olive Dark Stampin’ Blend to color in the leaves.
Let’s hope those ideas helped you learn how to fix some card making mistakes. We all make them. Let us know by scrolling down and leaving a comment below.
Are you looking to add some of these stamping supplies to your stash? Stampin’ Up! will give you a $5 coupon towards any sized August order for every $50 of your July order before tax and shipping.
And here are a few things you should know about what we do for our online shoppers:
- All online shoppers get a handmade reusable card in your mailbox.
- And at least 4 free project tutorials in your inbox.
- Add a sampling of
currentproduct when you use the current code,
- Don’t use the code if your order is $150+ so you can enjoy Stampin’ Rewards. We’ll still send you everything.
- Track your purchases with this form and earn free stamps and dies exclusively from me and Ann.
Did you know that we have almost 1,000 Clean and Simple Card Ideas that you can see here?
- shop safely online – (You’ll love
our reusablehandmade cards we send you!) Copy this current code 6DTGFAJT and get a gift!
- by phone – 530-674-5090
- by email or even in person!
- Earn free stamps with our Stampin’ Bucks!
- Shop our Rubber Stamp Garage Sale here.
We hope that we helped you fix pm