For Subscribers Only!
PLEASE DO NOT PIN!
PLEASE DO NOT PIN!
YES! Ann made this cake! (The original version.) It was gone in 2 days. Here is the original and the chocolate versions of the Magic Cake.
Be aware that the batter is very thin – like batter to make crepes. Please be sure to email me and let me know how yours turns out.
NOTE: To FOLD means to “fold by hand” into the batter.
- 4 eggs @ room temperature (separate yolks from whites)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 stick Butter (1/2 cup) melted
- 3/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 cups Lukewarm Milk
- Preheat over to 325 degrees. Grease an 8″ x 8″ baking dish.
- Separate eggs and add the egg whites to a mixer. Beat until egg whites are stiff. Place egg whites in a bowl & set aside.
- Beat the egg yolks with sugar until light. Add melted butter and Vanilla Extract and continue beating for another minute or two.
- Add flour and mix until fully incorporated.
- Slowly start adding the lukewarm milk and beat until everything is well mixed together.
- Gently fold in the egg whites, a third at a time until they are all mixed in.
- Pour batter into the greased baking dish and bake. Bake for 60 minutes or until top is lightly golden. Depending on your oven, it could be ready anytime between 40 & 70 minutes so I would peek in at 40 minutes and every 10 minutes after.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar after cake has cooled.
Chocolate Magic Cake
- 4 eggs, at room temperature and separated
- 1 tbsp water
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 6.5 tbsp all purpose flour
- 6 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 cups milk, warmed up
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp vinegar
- Preheat oven to 325 F degrees. Grease and flour an 8×8 inch baking pan.
- Separate the eggs and add the egg yolks to the bowl of a mixer. Add a tbsp of water to the egg yolks and add the sugar. Beat this at high until eggs are light and creamy.
- Add melted butter, vanilla extract and salt to mixer and continue beating until butter is fully incorporated and mixture is light and fluffy.
- You can mix the cocoa and flour together and add to the mixing bowl in batches, 3 times should be enough. After each addition mix thoroughly.
- Once flour and cocoa powder has been mixed in, add the milk a bit at a time and mix. The milk should be warm so not to cool the butter. Make sure the milk has been mixed in thoroughly, the mixture should be pretty liquidy, so don’t get scared.
- Clean the mixing bowl and whisk attachment and make sure you dry it out. Add egg whites to mixing bowl and the vinegar and mix until egg whites are stiff.
- Add a bit of the egg whites to the chocolate mixture and gently fold in. Next you’re going to reverse and add a bit of the chocolate mixture to the egg whites. This way it will be easier to mix everything together. Repeat until everything is well mixed and the mixture should be thin like a pancake batter.
- Pour the batter in the prepared baking dish and bake for roughly 60 minutes or until done. The cake will still jiggle in the middle when you take it out, so that’s normal. Let it cool completely then cut into squares and serve.