Have you needed to make a teen birthday card recently? Ann and my favorite huMAN needed one yesterday.
Elizabeth was born on the 4th of July and they’ve known her since she was a baby. When she was just a wee one, she used to sit with her parents in church. And Ann and my favorite huMAN sat behind them.
Elizabeth would look over her dad’s shoulder at them almost every Sunday. She moved over to Sunday school a long time ago and just graduated middle school. Ann and my favorite huMAN attended her graduation too.
So Here’s Her Teen Birthday Card
Since we’ve got some of the Stampin’ Up! Sale-a-Bration stamps on hand, we opened the Hippest Hippo set and used them.
So why not start with something hip and cool like the Hippest Hippos!?!
So while this probably isn’t the exact way that hippos look, but that’s the beauty of making your own cards. You can color your cards pretty much any way you want to!
She did color the tummy with the Light Petal Pink Stampin’ Blend before coloring over the tummy
We did sponge the sky with an old Stampin’ Up! sponge that they don’t take anymore. But you could use the Blending Brushes for a smoother look.
Ann even added a unique way to put an additional umbrella on the inside. She die cut the umbrella out of the Basic White layer so that it showed the Real Red peek through.
It was a tight fit, but Ann got 2 gift cards into the inside pocket for the gift card holder. You can see almost 100 gift card holder ideas that we’ve shared over the years here.
You Can Make This!
It’s pretty cool that the stamp set is free and the coordinating dies are as well. With a $50 order (before tax and shipping), you can get the set. Either increase the order to $100 or make another $50 order and you’ll get the coordinating dies for free as well.
- All online shoppers get a handmade reusable card in your mailbox.
- And at least 4 free project tutorials in your inbox.
- Add a sampling of
currentproduct when you use the current code KSCMVNUS .
- Don’t use the code if your order is $150+ so you can enjoy Stampin’ Rewards. We’ll still send you everything.
- Track your purchases with this form and earn free stamps and dies exclusively from me and Ann. Plus we’ll send you our next mini catalogs with even more ideas.
While Supplies Last
New this year is that all Sale-a-Bration items are available while supplies last.
- shop safely online – (You’ll love our reusable handmade cards we send you!)
- by phone – 530-761-5090
- by email or even in person!
- Earn free stamps with our Stampin’ Bucks!
- Shop our Rubber Stamp Garage Sale here.
- Join our 24/7 Stampers Demonstrator team.
- Join us when we go Live @ 5pm Pawcific each Friday.