Yesterday was a pretty exciting day. There was a big birthday party about to happen next door. I was helping Cecil work out in my back yard before their guests arrived so we wouldn't disturb their festivities. (We were supposed to attend, but it just didn't work out that way.)
Ann cooked her oatmeal earlier & threw in some blueberries to increase the health factor. She was puttering around the stamp room to get ready for a private class with Donna. We like to put the Big Shots on the kitchen counter for stability. When she only needs one, Ann usually brings hers out, but today she brought mine – without my permission.
She noticed a little bit of grease or something on the counter & put the Big Shot on the stove – some place she NEVER puts it – while she sponged off the counter & let it dry. Back she went to the stamp room for last minute stuff.
Donna got here 10 minutes early. Just as Ann got to the door, she noticed a smell. First thing Donna said was "What's burning? Something smells hot." Ann went back to the stamp room & sent Donna to call Cecil in from the back yard. Ann didn't find anything back in the stamp room & turned back. The light bulb in her head turned on just before she got back to the kitchen. (you can click for close ups)
The smell was horrible, but went away when she turned the fan on for 15 minutes or so.
I wish she would've burned HER Big Shot, but she burned up MY Big Shot which is newer!
She did promise to buy me a new one which means I'll get TWO more free stamp sets during Sale-A-Bration!
While we're pretty sure that this isn't covered by the warrantee, you can rest assured that Stampin' Up! handles Big Shot breakage very well. You don't even need to find your receipt as long as you purchased it from Ann within the last 3 years.
AND, of course, as long as you don't try to cook yours!
It's a great time to be the blog dog of a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator.
– by phone – 530-674-5090
– - by fax – 530-751-7680
– – – by email or even in person!